Here are some tips and lists for finding something great to read.
Books You Missed in 2017
Teen Book Reviews
These are books that Sugar Grove teens read and reviewed in their own words.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- "I think you should read this book because it is a unique love story that adds extra elements of surprise throughout the story."
- "It has a very cute / sad love story and you just fall in love with the characters."
- Auggie and Me by R.J. Palacio
- "I think you should read this book because it is an amazing story about preteens with disabilities learning to work and fit in to life."
- The Titan's Curse Graphic Novel by Rick Riordan et all
- "It is cool to read the graphic novel version of a favorite book. The titan's curse is a shortened illustrated version of the novel by Rick Riordan. It shows an artists interpretation of an amazing story."
- Black Dove White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
- "This book is about two friends who face injustice in America due to race when they move to Ethiopia. They have to deal with the fear of war. This story follows Em and Teo as they grow used to Ethiopia and escape a war."
- The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein
- "This book is about a girl who grew up in a rich family. She meets a traveler family and has to solve the myster of who hurt her and killed Dr. Housman. She discovers how good it feels to give and not receive"
- Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton
- "Bethany was attacked by a shark and her world was turned upside down, but she never lost her faith in God or her determination to get back on her board. She shared her story and inspired millions."
- The Fever Code by James Dashner
- "This is the prequel to the Maze Runner. Thomas never knew what he did for WICKED but you can find out in The Fever Code."
- The Kill Order by James Dashner
- "This book follows Mark when the flare was first released. He has to fight his way to save his friend. While fighting the virus for his sanity. He realizes his one goal is to get DeeDee to Alaska to find a cure."
- Nevermore by James Patterson
- "Nevemore is the 8th Maximum Ride story. Max is trying to be normal while still trying to save the world. When the 99% plan is put in place, it's Max's job to keep her flock alive and to lead the new world."
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
- "This book is the sequel to Illuminae and follows two new characters as they try to prevent the destruction of Jump station. Heimdalla. They fight trained audit team memebers and brain gurking aliens as they try to carry the story of Kerenza on."
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- "This story is set in the future after wars and when the humans had evolved to people with special abilities and those without. This story is full of battles, betrayals, and romance."
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- "This is the script to Fantastic Beasts and it was amazing! The characters were so fun and the plot was interesting."
- Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard
- "This is the second book in the Red Queen series. This book is action packed as the Scarlet Guard plans attack after attack. They try to Rise Red as the dawn but often fall short."
- Camp Half-Blood Confidential by Rick Riordan
- "This book is a funny welcome to Camp Half Blood story. It helps new campers learn their way around camp along with comments from Percy and the other campers."
- I Am Number Four: the Lost Files by Pittacus Lore
- "Ever wonder how Six and Nine were caught? Or why Adam had legacies? This book has all the secrets of the Garde and Mogadorians."
- King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- "This book is the third Red Queen book. The Scarlet Guard has their largest mission ahead of them, take down Maven. There is action, romance, and a lot of fighting."
- To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
- "The story line is very good and I couldn't put it down!"
- Romeo & What's Her Name by Shani Petroff
- "Cute, corny, and cheesy, yet still a good light read"
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- "Great characters. Good yet sad concept and thought out plot and ending"
- Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- "It has a very cute love story and you just fall in love with the characters."
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- "It is such an amazing book with the best story ever!"
- Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult
- "The characters are very cute and the storyline is very original."
- The Heir by Kiera Cass
- "The book has a very good and original storyline. I couldn't put it down."
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- "Really interesting concept and good character development."
- 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass
- "A great book for everyone who loves mysteries and books that conflict around friendship."
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- "It is a great book for people who love mystery and those who would enjoy a series. It is very intriguing and suspenseful.
- Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
- "Ending made me cry. I cant wait for the next book."
- Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
- "Cliffhanger leaves you wanting more."
Young Adult Library Services Association
This site has a ton of lists and links available to find your next favorite book.
Checkout lists from readers all over the world, your friends on Facebook, or create your own list of must-read books.