Open Information and FOIA
The Library strives to provide open information concerning operations, financials and governance to the public. Patrons are always welcome and encouraged to speak with the Library Director to obtain more information, or utilize the available resources on our web page for frequently asked questions. Compliance to FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and OMA (Open Meeting Act) is a priority.
Open Information About the Library
We are pleased to provide information that may be of interest to our patrons as well as meet web page posting requirements. Please also visit our Board of Trustee page for further information with regards to Board information.
New: Annual Report for FY 2017-1018
Strategic Plan of the Library for Fiscal Years 2016-2020
Organizational Chart of the Library
Annual Meeting Schedule for the Board of Trustees - Calendar Year 2019
Annual Holiday Schedule for the Library - Calendar Year 2019
Employee Compensation - The Library does not participate in IMRF, nor exceed any salary threshold required for public posting. All employees including the Director work 30 hours or less per week in order to meet the budget limitations.
Information About the Public Body posted for Website Compliance:
- Our mission is to be a unique resource offering open access to information that fosters a passion for reading, learning, and the exchange of ideas. As the heart of our community, we support democracy, citizenship, and the cultural growth of the Sugar Grove Public Library District.
- We have one location located at 125 South Municipal Drive, Sugar Grove, Illinois, 60554. There are no extension or bookmobile services at this time.
- There are 15 staff positions at the Library, served by 13 total staff members. The Director and Managers serve at 30 hours per week, all other positions vary between 8-20 hours. There are no full time positions at the Library.
- The Board does not hold Committee Meetings, but does have a designated representative for Finance, Strategic Planning, Personnel/Policy and Building/Grounds. The representative works in conjunction with the Director to meet the needs of the Library.
- Please contact the Library Director with regards to ADA concerns, needs or complaints at 630-466-4686.
Budget and Financials
Fiscal Year July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020
- Tentative Budget and Appropriations Ordinance
- Public Notice for Budget and Appropriations Hearing on 8-28-19
Fiscal Year July 1, 2018- June 30, 2019
- Tentative Budget and Appropriations
- Public Notice for Budget and Appropriations Hearing on 8-22-18
- Levy Draft: Ordinance 11-14-18
- Audit of the Library's Finances - Fiscal year 2017-2018
Fiscal year 2017-2018
- Levy Ordinance - passed 10-25-17 for Levy FY 17-18
- Public Notice About Budget and Appropriations Hearing for 8-23-17
- Budget and Appropriations Ordinance for Fiscal Year 2017-2018
The FOIA officer for the Library is Shannon Halikias, Library Director. The supplemental FOIA officer is Mary Clapp, Technical Services Manager.
Please submit a FOIA request by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, mailing or delivering a paper request to the Library. Please include:
- Phone or Contact Information
- E-mail or Fax
- If you would like to inspect records in person
- Records format delivered by e-mail or print (The first 50 pages on printed records are free, additional pages are .10 per page.
- Is this for a commercial purpose?
- Any fee waiver requests?
- Description of request. Requestors should be as specific as possible.
Questions with regards to the Library, budget, administration and governance are always welcomed. Please contact the Library Director if you would like a personal discussion or overview of a topic.