SGPL At Home
The Adult Department Staff have curated this collection of resources that may be helpful for you during this COVID-19 shutdown. If you need any assistance, please email us and we will research your information request.
Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information:
Kane County 211 - Call 211 for 24/7 help
- This service is from Batavia United Way. Visit their website now.
- LIVE specialists are ready to discus your need or concerns and connect you to local and state resources. This includes food, shelter, help with aging parents, domestic abuse, and much more.
- This also includes the most accurate and up to date information regarding the Coronavirus from our countries most trusted and reliable experts.
- Calls are free, confidential and phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Help is available in over 150 languages. No need to wonder or worry, just pick up the phone!
- Illinois Department of Employment Security - The state's website and the only way to file an unemployment claim.
- Waubonsee Community College 5 Steps to Resume Success - This tool is available to all website visitors. You do not need to be a student. This tool provides ideas on how to format your resume, get past applicant tracking systems with great keywords in your application, and it allows you to download a resume in Microsoft Word to get started with a professional format.
- Microsoft Word - This paid software features a number of resume templates.
- Google Docs - Google account users have access to free web-based software which also provides resume templates. If you do not have a google account, you can create one for free.
Job Search Websites
- Angel.co - Angel List recruits for positions at start-up tech companies.
- Job Hunting books https://www.hoopladigital.com/genre/917231115
- Resume Ebooks https://www.hoopladigital.com/genre/917231116
Illinois Call4Calm Text Line - From the IL Department of Human Services. If you or a loved one are struggling with stress related to the COVID-19 pandemic and need emotional support, text TALK to 552020 for English or HABLAR for Spanish. This service is free and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. People seeking assistance will remain anonymous and will provide only their first name and zip code, which enables the service to link you to a counselor in your area who is knowledgeable about available local resources.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255); En Español 1-888-628-9454
The Lifeline is a free, confidential crisis hotline that is available to everyone 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Crisis Text Line
Text “HELLO” to 741741
The Crisis Text hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the U.S.
Veterans Crisis Line
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1 or text to 838255
The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, confidential resource that connects veterans 24 hours a day, seven days a week with a trained responder.
Disaster Distress Helpline
Call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
The disaster distress helpline provides immediate crisis counseling for people who are experiencing emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): For general information on mental health and to locate treatment services in your area, call the SAMHSA Treatment Referral Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357). SAMHSA also has a Behavioral Health Treatment Locator on its website that can be searched by location.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS): CMS has information on its website about benefits and eligibility for mental health programs and how to enroll.
Video Conference Options
Online Video Games
Tip: In combination with a video conference or digital hangout, online video games can be a great way to have fun and gather safely with friends online.
- Colonist - https://colonist.io/ - Play an online version of the popular board game Catan
- Jigsaw Puzzles - http://jigsawpuzzles.io/ - Join in on a puzzle that others are working on, or create your own room and invite friends to work on a puzzle together.
- Chess - https://www.chess.com/play/computer - Play against a computer or a friend with this online version of the classic strategy game.
- Board Game Arena - https://boardgamearena.com/ - Play well-known board games like Sushi Go, Cacassone, 7 Wonders, Yahtzee, and more. Games are browsable by one player, two player, building games, card games, dice games, and more.
- Jack Box Games - https://www.jackboxgames.com/ - While not free, this is a popular game service to play while social distancing with friends. Check out this handy how-to article.
- Face Mask With Elastic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhGUBjK10DI
- Face Mask With Ties - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lcPRHo_nY
- No Sew Face Mask - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r51YroAFPds
For a little laugh
Small Business Assistance