Tails And Tales: Virtual Summer Reading Program 2021
Tuesday, June 1 - Thursday, July 29
This year's reading program is online! Track your reading to earn virtual badges and raffle tickets. Explore activities and write book reviews. All using the Beanstack app.
Register for the program at https://sgpl.beanstack.org/ or download the Beanstack Tracker app on the Google Play store or App Store. Register yourself for one of the three reading programs: youth, teen, and adult. If you are a parent you can add multiple children to one account and track reading all in one place!
If you registered on Beanstack last year, you will be able to log in with your same account information for 2021. Send us an email if you need help with your login.
*If you would prefer a traditional paper log for tracking your reading, please visit a library reference desk for a reading log and instructions.
Log your reading to earn virtual raffle tickets towards amazing prizes like kindle fire tablets, gift cards, book bundles, mystery prizes, and more! There are prizes for all ages. The last day to log your reading and enter virtual raffle drawings is Thursday, July 29 at 11:59 pm.
Did you hit your reading goal and complete the program? You'll be eligible for a prize, available for pickup beginning August 2nd.
Some dates to keep in mind are:
- May 25 - Pre-registration opens - on Beanstack
- June 1 - Official Start Date
- June 5 - Tails & Tales Kickoff Event - in person
- July 29 - Last Day to Log Reading - on Beanstack
- Aug 2 - First Day to Pick up Prizes
- Aug 16 - Last Day to Pick up Prizes
Would you prefer to track your reading on paper, and then enter it into the app? We've created a worksheet that you can download and print below, or ask a librarian to print it for you.
Who Can Participate?
Anyone can sign up and participate in our virtual summer reading program. However, in order to be eligible for prizes, you must have an eligible Sugar Grove Public Library District card. Click here to find out how to get a Library card.
Rewards & Grand Prizes:
Prize pickup will begin August 2nd and end August 16
Rewards for completing the program:
- Children who complete 12 hours of reading will be eligible for a prize bundle including a prize book, bookmark, coupons, and other surprise rewards!
- Teens who complete 20 hours of reading and submit one book review will be eligible for a prize bundle which includes a prize book, bookmark, coupons, and more!
- Adults who read 5 books will be eligible for a prize book and bookmark.
Earn raffle tickets for logging your reading and completing activities.
- Children Grand Prizes: Kids Kindle Fire HD 8, Razor Scooter, Movie Bundle, Fizzy Magic giftcard, Sweet Treats Bundle, Book Bundle, Lego Bundle, Paw Patrol Bundle, Dinosaur Bundle, and Mystery Prize
- Teen Grand Prizes: $50 Amazon giftcard, Skullcandy Bluetooth Earbuds, Tote Bag + 3 Prize Books, Mystery Prize
- Adult Grand Prizes: Kindle Fire HD8, Tozo Bluetooth Earbuds, Tote Bag + 3 Prize Books, $25 Paisano’s Giftcard, “Front of the Holds List” Pass, Mystery Prize
THANK YOU to our generous Summer Reading 2021 Sponsors!
Abbey Farms, British Swim School, Classic Cinemas, Funway Skate Center, Keller's Farmstand, McDonalds, Paisano's Pizza, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, Sugar Grove Library Friends
*If you are interested in sponsoring the program or providing a prize donation please send us an email!
We know learning a new program can be tricky, but we're here for you! Please send us an email if you have a question. We can give you a call and walk you through the setup as well.
Beanstack Mobile App Helpful Links
- How to View and Participate in Reading Challenges (Programs)
- How to Quick Log a Book
- How to Log Past Reading
- How to Use the Reading Timer
- How to Deposit Tickets in Grand Prize Drawings
How do I log my reading or activities?
In one swipe! Flip your book over and use your phone to scan the bar code on the back. Boom, you’re done. Seriously, the Beanstack mobile app makes it that easy. If you want to get fancy, you can also enter the number of pages, minutes, or hours (nice work!) that you read.
Prefer to use your computer to log your reading? No problem. You can always enter your reading through your Beanstack account online, too.
May I add more than one reader to my account?
Of course. You can set up as many profiles as you like, for readers of any age. And if you’re a parent who reads aloud to more than one kid at a time, you can credit that reading time to multiple children’s accounts with a single click—no need to log it in separately for each of your avid listeners.
How do I update my password?
Tap that little “gear” button in the top right and hit “Edit Account.”
How do I stop getting emails from Beanstack?
Just click “Edit Reader” (it’s right next to your name) and hit “No” under Email Notifications.