Find Your Voice: Summer Reading Program 2023
Tuesday, May 30 - Monday, July 31
Track your reading to earn badges and prizes. Sugar Grove Library cardholders will also earn raffle tickets. Choose between a traditional paper reading log or a virtual reading log.
Summer Reading is a Hybrid Version for 2023!
Option 1: Traditional Log: Paper log, physical raffle tickets, register and log reading in person at the library during normal library hours.
Option 2: Virtual Log: Online only, virtual raffle tickets, register and log reading at sgpl.beanstack.org or on the Beanstack app.
Step One: Registration:
Traditional Log: Register at the library at the Summer Reading table or at a reference desk during library hours.
Virtual Log: Register for the program at https://sgpl.beanstack.org/ or download the Beanstack Tracker app on the Google Play store or App Store. Register yourself for one of the four reading programs: baby, youth, teen, or adult. If you are a parent, you can add multiple children to one account and track reading all in one place!
If you registered on Beanstack in previous years, you will be able to log in with your same account information for 2022. Send us an email if you need help with your login.
Step TWO: logging reading:
Traditional Log: Log your reading on our age-specific paper log and turn in your log at our Summer Reading table or at reference desks when you've completed a level. Each level earns raffle tickets towards amazing prizes like kindle fire tablets, gift cards, book bundles, mystery prizes, and more! There are prizes for all ages. The last day to log your reading and enter our raffle drawings is Monday, July 31 at 7:59 pm.
Virtual Log: Log your reading to earn virtual raffle tickets towards amazing prizes! There are prizes for all ages. The last day to log your reading and enter virtual raffle drawings is Monday, July 31 at 11:59 pm.
Step Three: completion prizes and grand prize drawings
Did you hit your reading goal and complete the program? You'll be eligible for a completion prize.
Grand prize winners will be notified by Monday, August 7.
Some dates to keep in mind are:
Would you prefer to track your reading on paper, and then enter it into the app? We've created a worksheet that you can download and print below, or ask a librarian to print it for you.
Who Can Participate?
Anyone can sign up and participate in our virtual summer reading program. However, in order to be eligible for prizes, you must have an eligible Sugar Grove Public Library District card. Click here to find out how to get a Library card.
Rewards & Grand Prizes:
Completion Rewards (for meeting the reading goals & completing the program):
- Babies who listen to 120 books will be eligible for a prize bundle including a prize book, bookmark, coupons, & other surprise rewards!
- Children who complete 12 hours of reading will be eligible for a prize bundle including a prize book, bookmark, coupons, and other surprise rewards!
- Teens who complete 20 hours of reading will be eligible for a prize bundle which includes a prize book, bookmark, coupons, and more!
- Adults who read 5 books will be eligible for a prize book and bookmark.
Earn raffle tickets for logging your reading and completing activities. Grand prize winners will be notified by August 7.
- Baby Grand Prizes: Baby Bundle, Book Bundle
- Pre-K Grand Prizes: Art Supplies Kit, Bluey Bundle, Book Bundle, Movie Tickets, Paw Patrol Bundle
- Grade School Grand Prizes: Art Supplies Kit, Book Bundle, Kindles, Lego Bundle, Minecraft Bundle, Movie Tickets, Mystery Prize, and Voice Changers.
- Teen Grand Prizes: $50 Amazon Gift Card, Squishmallow, Mystery Snack Box, Tote Bag Bundle, Paisano's Pizza, Find Your Voice Bundle, Writing Bundle, and Mystery Prize.
- Adult Grand Prizes: Kindle Fire 8, Mystery Snack Box, Tote Bag and Prize Book Bundle, Paisano's Gift Certificate, Paramount Theatre Tickets, Ravinia Lawn Tickets (turn in your log early for these ticket raffles), and Mystery Prize.
THANK YOU to our generous Summer Reading 2023 Sponsors!
Sugar Grove Library Friends, Paisano's Pizza, Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers, Kane County Cougars, McDonald's, Classic Cinemas, Paramount Theatre, Ravinia, Portillo's, Kuiper's Family Farm, Funway Entertainment Center
*If you are interested in sponsoring the program or providing a prize donation please send us an email!
We know learning a new program can be tricky, but we're here for you! Please send us an email if you have a question. We can give you a call and walk you through the setup as well.
Beanstack Mobile App Helpful Links
- How to View and Participate in Reading Challenges (Programs)
- How to Quick Log a Book
- How to Log Past Reading
- How to Use the Reading Timer
- How to Deposit Tickets in Grand Prize Drawings
How do I log my reading or activities?
Traditional Log: Record your reading at home on your paper reading log. Once you reach a milestone or complete a level, bring your paper log with you to the library during normal library hours to receive raffle tickets for our Grand Prize Drawings.
Virtual Log: In one swipe! Flip your book over and use your phone to scan the bar code on the back. Boom, you’re done. Seriously, the Beanstack mobile app makes it that easy. If you want to get fancy, you can also enter the number of pages, minutes, or hours (nice work!) that you read.
Prefer to use your computer to log your reading? No problem. You can always enter your reading through your Beanstack account online, too.
May I add more than one reader to my Beanstack account?
Of course. You can set up as many profiles as you like, for readers of any age. And if you’re a parent who reads aloud to more than one kid at a time, you can credit that reading time to multiple children’s accounts with a single click—no need to log it in separately for each of your avid listeners.
How do I update my password on Beanstack?
Tap that little “gear” button in the top right and hit “Edit Account.”
How do I stop getting emails from Beanstack?
Just click “Edit Reader” (it’s right next to your name) and hit “No” under Email Notifications.