The Sugar Grove Public Library will be open for Contactless Curbside Pickup service beginning June 1st.
Curbside Pickup Hours:
This schedule is in effect from June 1 – June 13 and may change after this time.
Monday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
How Does it Work?
- Log in to your account and place items on hold. Look for items that are listed as "On Shelf" at the Sugar Grove Public Library. OR call (630)-466-4686 to have a staff member put items on hold for you. If someone is unable to take your call, leave a message with your request and email address. A staff member will respond to your request. You can also email us at email@example.com with an order request.
- When your items are ready for pickup, you will receive an email or phone call. Please do not arrive for Curbside Pickup unless you have been notified that your order is ready.
- Arrive at the Library in one of the designated curbside parking spots.*
- Text or call the Library that you are here and pop your trunk.
- We’ll be right out to place your items in your trunk!
*If you are arriving by foot or bicycle, contact us when you arrive. We will have a designated outdoor table for contactless pickup.
- Patrons are limited to 25 materials per Curbside Pickup Order.
- Only SGPL cardholders may request a Curbside Pickup Order.
- Only SGPL items are available. The RAILS inter-library loan system is currently suspended.
- All items can be checked out for 3 weeks and there are no renewals.
- The Library is currently “Fine Free for Now” and no late fees will accrue during this time.
- Fees for lost or damaged items will still be charged to patrons.
- All items must be returned in the drive-up back or front walk-up book drops and not handed to staff members during your Curbside Pickup Order.
- Larger items like Playaways and Library of Wonderful Things items can be returned to an outdoor bin when staff are present during Curbside Hours. Please call when you arrive and place your return in the designated area.
- Items will be quarantined for a minimum of 7 days before processing, and will remain on patron accounts until they are checked in.
- The Library is currently not accepting book donations. Please do not place donations in our book drops.
Health & Safety:
- All returns are quarantined for a minimum of 7 days (guidelines set by the CDC and IDPH recommend 3 days for disinfection).
- Staff report to work only if they (and family members) are healthy.
- Limited staff members are allowed in the building at the same time.
- Social distancing guidelines are closely followed.
- Staff and patrons have limited contact during Curbside Pickup.
- PPE is provided for staff members. All staff are encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Workspaces are regularly cleaned with sanitizer.